Atrophy is decrease in size of body part . Atrophic uterus can be induced by agents that cause ovarian damage or alter steroid production from the ovary. This mainly results because of hormone deprivation.
Vaginal atrophy is thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls that may occur when your body has less estrogen.The condition also includes urinary tract problems such as urinary tract infections (UTIs) and frequent urination. Occur in younger women when their estrogen levels are affected.
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal soreness, dryness and itching at the vaginal area
- Burning sensation
- Decreased vaginal secretions
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Light bleeding after intercourse
- Shortening and tightening of the vaginal canal
- After menopause
- During the years leading up to menopause (perimenopause)
- Birth control pills
- After pelvic radiation therapy for cancer
- Breast cancer hormonal treatment
- Cigarette smoking
- Elevated prolactin level during lactation
- Estrogen therapy
- Vaginal tablets, creams can be applied internally to focus the supply of estrogen to the vaginal area.
- Vaginal Lubricants