blog-articals

Maximum cycles required for conception through IVF?

This decision is entirely up to patient and the fertility specialists. Many studies suggest most couples should go till 6 embryo transfers before they achieve a pregnancy. There are no limits to the number of IVF cycles. You must have, because IVF medicines have zero side effects on human body. Sometimes IVF does not successful in single cycle. Most women typically see success rates of 30 to 40% per cycle, but the likelihood of getting pregnant decreases with each successive round, while the cost increases. The cumulative effect of multiple cycles of IVF increases the chances of a successful pregnancy to 50 to 60%.

Sometimes women had miscarriage in IVF cycles. One IVF pregnancy raises chance of second time success. Women who had miscarriage during their first IVF cycle still have a higher chance of a live birth with subsequent treatment, compared with women who do not get pregnant after their first round.

Moreover, after oocyte retrieval some of the eggs become fertilized with the sperm, and some healthy embryos result. After three to five days, one or two embryos are transferred to the woman's uterus and rarely result comes negative. However, one failed IVF cycle doesn't mean it won't succeed the next time. Patient must proceed for 2nd cycle with a new hope because, “Hope is a tiny light for a new big start. The first thing that should happen after a failed IVF attempt is for the IVF specialist physician to review the cycle carefully to possibly learn something from the results of the IVF ovarian stimulation process, or from any issues with egg retrieval, egg quality and/or quantity, fertilization results,  embryo and many more. After working so hard, the chances of getting positive results increase. Crux of the matter is patient should go for multiple IVF cycles.

You May Also Like